Maybe “wicked” isn’t the best word to describe this Halloween event, but it is sure put a smile on everyone’s face!
If you’re looking for a non-scary halloween adventure, grab your little pumpkins, and head over to Brookfield Zoo for Boo! at the Zoo, located just 20 minutes from the heart of Chicago,
The Chicago Zoological Society sponsors this fun event the last two weekends of October each year to provide families with some Halloween fun. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on October 18, 19, 26 and 27, visit the Brookfield Zoo for this family-friendly event.
Throughout the day, kids can participate in a variety of events:
- Make your way through a corn maze
- Decorate a spooky cookie
- Ride the Haunted Carousel
- Watch a professional pumpkin carver carve a 1,000-pound pumpkin
- Try the Haunted Hayride
- Carve your own pumpkin to take home
- Participate in a costume contest
While there’s a lot of activities to explore, you don’t want to miss zookeepers giving some of the animals their very own pumpkins! Check the time and dates below to view when you can watch some of the animals have a little Halloween fun of their own:
- 11:00 October 19 – Rhinoceros
- 11:00 October 20 – Orangutans
- 11:00 October 26 – Sloth bears, polar bears, and grizzly bears
- 11:00 October 27 – Lions
A trip to Boo! at the Zoo is a day that is sure to be memorable for the entire family, so grab your costume and head out to the Brookfield Zoo!
For more information on Boo! at the Zoo, visit the Brookfield Zoo website.